Home > Windows 7 > 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Contents

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jan 1, 2005 Why do I receive an error when I attempt to run a 16-bit program under Windows Tools Speed Test Smokeping Ping Test 24x7 Broadband Monitor ISP Reviews Review an ISP Latest GBU Information Hardware FAQs Community Join Welcome Members For Sale Forums All Forums DSLReports Feedback About I have Windows XP. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. his comment is here

The error message may indicate the problem on three files: config.nt,autoexec.nt,command.com. i have at last found a easy soulotion to solve this nightmare any body want it please e mail me [email protected] Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not Locate, and then right-click Command.co, and then click Copy. 7. Back To The Top Tweet Copyright © 2005-2015 Online Computer Tips.com HOME | ALL TIPS | COMPUTER TUTORIALS | TECH NEWS | RESOURCES | ADVERTISING | ABOUT US | PRIVACY POLICY

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

At the command prompt, type the following, press ENTER between each line: expand :\i386\config.nt c:\windows\system32\config.nt expand :\i386\autoexec.nt c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt expand :\i386\command.co c:\windows\system32\command.com exit Where is the name Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jan 18, 2005 I've been trying to figure this out for a while. What can I do?While trying to install or run an application, your system displays the error:
WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.

Find the install program you are running in explorer or my computer. expand D:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt expand D:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt expand D:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com In the above examples, we are pointing to the "D:" drive for the CD-ROM. In the File Name box, type "Config.nt" (without the quotation marks), and then click Save. 5. Config.nt Windows 7 With it being so lengthy, I'm not going to re-post it in the answer, just reference the section of it that seemed to correct your problem: Part 1: Create the File

In the new blank document, type the following block of code: dos=high, umb device=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\himem.sys files=40 3. Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos And Microsoft Windows Applications windows system32autoexec.nt error This is a discussion on Help! Ramakrishnan S. This may cause the application to function incorrectly.

If not, please follow the remainder of the instructions outlined in the clarification portion of this question. 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows Xp Sincerest Thanks ! Have a great weekend! This error can occur when the files, Config.nt, Autoexec.nt and Command.com, are missing or corrupt.

Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos And Microsoft Windows Applications

I did search on the autoexec.nt and there was original file under other directory so I just copied and placed it under the System 32 directory and now I can run Visit Website Navigate to the %systemroot%\system32 folder by typing cd %systemroot%\system32 Rename the current command.com, autoexec.nt, and config.nt files and append the word "old" to the filenames by typing rename command.com command.comold rename 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7 so far so good no problems. Config.nt Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7 Looking to get things done in web development?

Log In or Register to post comments Please Log In or Register to post comments. http://dataforceus.com/windows-7/windows-cannot-install-required-files-error-code-0x80070570.html If the file was removed, do the following. 1. right click on the file and choose rename. In the File Name box, type "Autoexec.nt" (without the quotation marks), and then click Save. 10. Config.nt File Download

I have unsuccessfully, thoroughly searched (both with Windows Explorer and from a DOS prompt) for this file. I have searched and searched resources, support groups, knowledgeable IT professionals, etc. Why are my CD-ROM drives not showing in My Computer?Applications in Add/Remove Programs list missing Change and Remove button WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT not suitable. weblink On the File menu, click Save As. 9.

Like I said I am confused, someone help me please!!! Config.nt Download Start Notepad. 2. Insert the Microsoft Windows XP CD into the computer.

To resolve this error, restore the default versions of these files from the NT installation CD-ROM by performing the following steps: Run cmd.exe (go to Start, Run, and type cmd.exe).

I have cleaned the hard drive several times both with scandisk and defrag, cleaned the registry files with an OnTrack utility. For autoexec.nt @echo off lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\mscdexnt.exe lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\redir lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\dosx SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3 For config.nt dos=high, umb device=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\himem.sys files=40 Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User I've been fighting with that stupid thing for ages, and I didn't have the Windows disk to fix it. Config.nt Windows Xp If the file is there then it may be corrupt and you can try to overwrite it with the copy from the repair folder.

Check your C:\WINNT\System32\ or C:\Windows\System32\ directory and see if the autoexec.nt file is there. Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Nov 23, 2004 thanks for the great advise. Current Temperatures » Site Navigation » Forum> User CP> FAQ> Support.Me> Steam Error 118> 10.0.0.2> Trusteer Endpoint Protection All times are GMT -7. check over here Some computers with other drive letters may have the CD-ROM drive as a different letter.

Part 1: Create the Files in Notepad: 1. Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Mar 10, 2005 "@ECHO OFF" "lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe" "lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx.exe" "SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3" each of